At EMS Brüel & Kjær, we’re proud of our diverse and talented team. We aim to be the world’s best resource for environmental intelligence solutions, and that means we’re always on the lookout for the best individuals to help us succeed. If you’re looking for opportunities to help make the world a greener place through environmental impact monitoring and compliance, we’d love to hear from you.
EMS Brüel & Kjær is looking for an Application Engineer with strong analytical and communication skills
Application Engineer (Service Department) – Nærum, Denmark
Do you want to deliver professional service to customers within environmental monitoring solutions to the world’s busiest airports in Europe, Asia Pacific and the Americas? – then this job may be your next career step
We are looking for a proactive Application Engineer to the Service Department in Nærum. As it is a newly established position in DK within Airport Noise Monitoring System (ANOMS), you will have influence in creating the position content too.
You will become a part of a competent team who delivers world-class customer service for EMS B&K customers, primarily in EMEA, but who also supports customers in the other areas from time to time.
You will investigate, resolve or escalate recorded incidents including complex system or application issues.
Involvement with and management of new system installations and deployment of application updates for EMS B&K systems ensuring quality of deliverables meet highest standards and meeting agreed timeframes.
- Installation, configuration and tuning of EMS applications for hosted and deployed environments
- Working independently or as part of an EMS Global help desk team in diagnosis and resolution to Level 1 and level 2 issues
- Execution of daily maintenance, monitoring and custom platform processes
- Product Defect recognition and escalation to Development team
- Creation of customized processes that do not require a product release
- Installation of EMS applications ensuring quality of deliverables is met and completed within the agreed timeframe
- Prompt review and accurate update to all allocated tickets, liaising with customers to identify root cause of issues and documenting outcomes and creation of action plans
- Create and test script (PERL) changes prior to implementation via Change Management process
- Take ownership of issues under your management ensuring these are resolved in the shortest possible time frame, or where identified as a product defect escalate these with level 3
You will refer to the Operation Team Leader and you be trained in EMS B&K’s systems covering this area.
You have a technical background and business understanding with a preference for system analysis or technical troubleshooting exposure.
- You have a technical associate degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated experience working as a support analyst in busy customer facing applications support roles
- Ability to understand and document customer issues and become a trusted partner to them in planning their future needs.
- Excellent verbal and written technical communication skills in English. Language skills in French or German will be beneficial.
- Familiarity with data manipulation (querying and updating database records) and ability to perform basic administration task within Oracle Databases
- Installation and support of applications running on Microsoft and Linux OS’s
- Experience with reading and writing of PERL and Shell scripts
- Ability to perform basic troubleshooting of network / communications issues over WAN, LAN, VPN and Cloud
- Excellent documentation skills and ability to create and update technical procedures using Confluence or other wiki platforms
You enjoy working with manageable and challenging tasks and being a part of an at times hectic environment
- a team player who enjoy knowledge sharing with your colleagues
- Ability to review processes during task completion and make recommendations for improvements
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively manage deadlines when completing multiple tasks
- Self-motivator – Ability to work with minimal supervision or guidance
Are you interested?
Please send your CV and a short cover letter to
Applications are evaluated continuously.
For further information, please contact People in Action, Ina Foldager at email@example.com /phone no +45 6014 2709.